Adler Trumpf 1.7 EV (1936-1938)
Adler Trumpf 1-7-EV from 1936
The Trumpf 1.7 was replaced directly in May 1936 with the Adler Trumpf 1.7 EV. It came with the same 1,645 cc engine as before, for which 38 PS (28 kW; 37 hp) of maximum power was claimed. The 2,920 mm (115 in) wheel base was 220 mm (8.7 in) longer than before and the body, more streamlined than before and with a longer rear overhang, was now 4,540 mm (179 in) (390 mm (15 in) longer than before ). As before, the body for the standard “Limousine” (sedan/saloon) came from the steel car body specialists Ambi-Budd of Berlin, now featuring four doors and a “six light” construction. Customers wishing for a two-door Adler “Limousine” of this class would need to await the launch in 1937 of the two-door Primus.
The stylish standard cabriolet bodies for the Trumpf 1.7 EV came from Karmann of Osnabrück. The claimed maximum speed was now increased to 102 km/h (63 mph).
The 1936 Trumpf 1.7 E, was priced at 4,400 Marks, which in 1937 was reduced to 4,100 Marks. The competition may have been hotting up for Adler whose market position slipped to fifth in 1938, overtaken by Ford whose own output volume almost doubled between 1936 and 1938. In just under two years, following its launch in May 1936, Adler produced 7,003 of their 1.7Es, equivalent to a little below 2% of the total German passenger car market.