Atkinson & Philipson Car History
Atkinson & Philipson, of the Northumberland Coach Factory, Newcastle-on-Tyne, made a car in 1896.
The Coach Factory had been in business since 1774, making mail coaches, then railway carriages for George Stephenson. In 1896 they produced a rather crude-looking steam brake with iron-shod wheels, which was advertised in various motor papers. It is unknown if many were sold, but it is unlikely.