Warne Cars History
Letchworth, Hertfordshire 1913 to 1915
|Manufacturer||Pearsall Warne Ltd|
|Body style||two seat open|
|Engine||JAP V twin cylinder 964 or 1070 cc|
|Wheelbase||78 in (1,981 mm) or 84 in (2,134 mm)|
|Length||114 in (2,896 mm)|
|Width||50 in (1,270 mm)|
The Warne car company was a British 4-wheeled cyclecar made from 1913 to 1915 by Pearsall Warne Ltd based in Letchworth, Hertfordshire
,also 152 Shaftsbury, Avenue, London
The car had a lightweight two-seat open body with full weather equipment and was powered by a JAP, V twin air-cooled engine of 964 cc with an RAC horsepower rating of 8 hp. The engine size increased to 1070 cc in 1915. Drive was to the rear wheels by belts. The suspension used half elliptic leaf springs all round.
It cost £99.Although air-cooled, the car was given a conventional appearance by fitting a dummy radiator.
In mid 1913 six cars a week were being made.
A model C water cooled option was avalaible later .
Model B wheel base 7ft track 3ft 6 in. Engine twin air cooled precision 85 mm x 85 mm
Model C wheel base 7ft track 3ft 6 in Engine twin water cooled precision 85 mm x 85 mm with semi automatic pump lubrication ,Eisemann magneto, Binks carburetter ,Transmision Faced cone clutch with 3 speed & reverse gear box ,bevel driven live axel,26in x2 half inch wire wheels with Michelin tyres. cost £135
© motorcar history