Rex motorcar history
Coventry. UK 1901-1914
The company Birmingham Motor Manufacturing and Supply Co Limited began in 1901 in Birmingham with the production of automobiles and motorcycles . In 1902 came the merger with Allard & Co Limited of Coventry. The new company was called Rex Motor Manufacturing Co Limited and was based in Coventry.
1914, the production was stopped .
The first model 6 ½ HP 1901 equipped with a single cylinder engine with 874 cc displacement . In 1902 there was the two-cylinder model 14 HP with 2390 cc and 1903 the single cylinder model 10 HP with 1195 cc capacity .
The model Rexette 1904-1906 was a tricycle. Between 1904 and 1905 the model simplex 12 with two-cylinder engine and 1862 cc capacity was offered.
In 1906 there was the road -Rex 24 with four-cylinder engine and 3724 cc capacity . Between 1906 and 1907 the model Airex was the 9/11 HP with two-cylinder engine with 1300 cm ³ capacity offered .
From 1908 there was a series Remo with four-cylinder engines . The Remo 13/16 HP was either 2300 cc or 2556 cc capacity and the Remo 20 HP either 2799 cc or 2925 cc capacity .
1911 ended the production of the series Remo. 1913, appeared a Cyclecar with a water-cooled V-2 engine . Last model was from 1914 a small car with a four cylinder engine of Dorman 1100 cc .
The Rex Landaulette 10hp