New Hudson (New Imperial Cycle)
New Imperial Cycles was a British car manufacturer, which was established in 1914 in Birmingham.
From 1903 until the 1930s , the company finished motorbikes .and then made Girling brakes. In 1943, the business was sold to Lucas Girling and the company returned to the construction of small motorcycles and automobiles. This business was operational until 1956. Approximately 24,000 vehicles were produced during this period.
1912 New Hudson also brought a small car out . The Cyclecar New Hudson 4 ½ hp air-cooled single-cylinder engine had a 0.75- liter displacement and was built until 1915. From 1919 there was a three-wheeled version with a single rear wheel. A V-2 engine with 1250 cc capacity , starting in 1922 , a smaller V-2 engine from MAG.
1929 , the Company acquired the patent of the Girling brake by the inventor Albert Girling to build brakes for Ford , Austin, Rover and Riley.
1943 New Hudson (including the Girling patents ) from the Joseph Lucas Ltd.Had taken over and merged with Bendix brakes that Lucas had bought in 1931 , and Luvax shock absorbers. The new subsidiary called Girling Ltd.
The New Hudson Light Car