|1997 to present|
|Manufacturer||Gorky Automobile Plant|
|Assembly||Nizhny Novgorod, Russia|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||Flatbed truck|
|Wheelbase||108.7 in (2,761 mm)|
|Length||249.9 in (6,347 mm)|
|Width||92.13 in (2,340 mm)|
|Height||102.2 in (2,596 mm)|
The GAZ Sadko (Russian: Садко) is a Russian built 2.5-ton all-wheel drive cargo truck. The Sadko is produced by the Gorky Automobile Plant (GAZ) and was named after Sadko, a character of Russian medieval epic (bylina), who was an adventurer, merchant and gusli musician from Novgorod.
The current GAZ-3308 “Sadko” series of vehicles is a replacement for the venerable GAZ-66, which entered production in 1964 and remained in production for approximately thirty-five years. Production of the GAZ-3308 began in 1996 as per military requirements. Commercial and export versions are also available.
The first of the new all-wheel drive truck was created by the Gorky Automobile Plant in 1996 under the symbol GAZ-33097. Series production models, to get the industry index GAZ-3308 and its own name "Sadko", began in December 1997. The Russian Army's 2.3-ton truck GAZ-3308 replaced the model GAZ-66-40 -cab-over-engine. On GAZ-3308, a modified (using different fenders with enlarged wheel arches) cab from the GAZ-3309 and drive axles and transmission similar to that used on the GAZ-66-40.
Since 2003, most Sadkos have been equipped with a turbo diesel MM Z D-245.7 (from 2005 emission class Euro-2 from 2013 - D-245.7E4 environmental class Euro 4).
In 2005 there was also the 4-ton model GAZ-33086 Countryman twin-tired rear axle, which uses elements of the "Sadko".
In 2013, a version of GAZ-33088 "Sadko" with a turbo-diesel JAMZ-53442 with Euro-4 became available.
- GAZ-3308 - basic version with 130-horsepower carbureted engine ZMZ-5231.10 displacement of 4.67 liters;
- GAZ-33081 - changed from 117-horsepower diesel engine MMZ D-245.7 displacement of 4.75 liters with turbocharging ;
- GAZ-33082 - Early version with GAZ-562 turbodiesel under license from Steyr;
- GAZ-33085 and GAZ-33086 (GAZ Zemlyak) with a payload capacity of 4 000 kg. This truck has inferior cross-country performance compared to Sadko.
- GAZ-33088 - changed from 134.5-horsepower diesel engine JAMZ-53442 displacement of 4.43 liters with turbocharging.
Watch buses on "Sadko" chassis
- KAvZ-39766 - KAvZ built all-terrain bus using a 19-seater bus body of a small class KAvZ-3976. Modifications: 397660 - with a carbureted engine ZMZ-513, 397663 - with a diesel engine MMZ D-245.7. Produced in 2003–2005.
- Semar (Ru:СемАР)-3257 - closed 12-seat bus-terrain vehicle with a body small class bus Semar – 3280. Equipped with a carburetored engine ZMZ-513. Produced in 2001–2006.
- Shift bus chassis GAZ-3308 - Utility "vahtovka" with separate angular body on the chassis of GAZ-3308 standard cab. Made in 2003–2006. by Semar. Currently manufactured at Auto Pro.
The GAZ-330811-10 Вепрь VEPR (En:Wild Boar) is a special-purpose vehicle based on a "Sadko" with a three-or five-door all-metal body. "Wild Boar" retains all the advantages of a car "Sadko" (momentum, continuity, comfort cab).
- Length: 6347 mm
- Width: 2340 mm
- Height: 2595 mm
- 4150 kg (curb)
- 6450 kg (full)
ZMZ-5231 • V-8 • working volume - 4.67 • Power 124 hp • torque of 298 Nm
MMZ D-245.7 • P-4 • working volume - 4.75 • Power 117 hp • torque of 382 Nm MMZ D-245.7E3 • P-4 • working volume - 4.75 • Power 119 hp • torque of 420 N · m
JAMZ-53442 • P-4 • working volume - 4.43 • Power 134.5 hp • torque of 417 Nm
Engines are coupled with 4- or 5-speed manual gearboxes.
A central tire inflation system is fitted as standard.