Jensen PW (1946 to 1952)
|Engine||3,993 cc (4.0 L; 243.7 cu in) Inline 6 / 3,860 cc (3.9 L; 235.6 cu in) Inline 8|
The Jensen PW is a saloon car built by Jensen Motors from 1946 through 1952. The PW stood for Post-War, as the car was the first model built by Jensen after the Second World War. A convertible model was also built alongside the hardtop saloon.
The first models utilized the Meadows 3.9L Straight 8 motor. However, issues arising from harsh vibrations while driving eventually led to Jensen engineers to switch to better established Nash 4.0L straight 6 engines from the Austin Sheerline.
In total, there were less than 20 examples of the PW to leave Jensen's West Bromwich factory.