|Manufacturer||The Daimler Company Limited|
|Production||Approx. 3,030 units|
|Engine||1,287 cc (78.5 cu in) overhead valve inline-four|
|Transmission||4-speed with preselector|
|Length||159 in (4,000 mm)|
|Width||63 in (1,600 mm)|
|Height||58 in (1,500 mm)|
The Lanchester Ten, also known as the LD10, produced after the Second World War was presented as a compact companion model to the Daimler range, being “craftsman built” and among the smallest ever volume-produced cars from the firm. It was initially produced with a steel six-light body by Briggs Motor Bodies of Dagenham and this body suffered from erratic deliveries by Briggs and rust problems due to the grade of steel allocated by the government for their manufacture. From September 1949 the same chassis was instead fitted with coachbuilt Barker aluminium alloy sports saloon bodywork. Other body variations included an Abbott-bodied drop-head coupe and Hooper-bodied van.
The four-cylinder claimed a power output of 40 bhp (29.8 kW) at 4,200 rpm. This was coupled to an epicyclic preselector 4-speed gear box. Stopping power came from Girling mechanical brakes.
The car was considered to be exceptionally smooth in operation, with reasonable performance for its time.