|1919 to 1926|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||4-seat tourer|
|Engine||69.5 x 102mm CA & CB or 75 x 102mm CE 69.5 x 102mm Silent Six 1548 cc 11.9 hp side-valve Straight-4 1802 cc 13.9 hp side-valve Straight-4 14/28 2322 cc 17.97 hp side-valve Straight-6|
|Wheelbase||102 in (2,600 mm) 108 in (2,700 mm) from 1925 111 in (2,800 mm) Oxford Six|
|Length||156 in (4,000 mm) Oxford Six|
The 1919 Oxford was an upmarket version of the Cowley model. It retained the pre-war Bullnose radiator style but in a larger version. The 11.9 fiscal horsepower 1548 cc engine was a Detroit USA Continental Motors Company design made under licence in Coventry for Morris by a British branch of the French Hotchkiss company at prices well undercutting White and Poppe. (Morris bought Hotchkiss's British factory in May 1923 and named it Morris Engines) The Oxford was differentiated from the Cowley by having a better electrical system and leather upholstery.
In 1923 the engine was enlarged to 13.9 fiscal horsepower, 1802 cc and this became known as the 14/28 engine. In 1925 it got a longer wheelbase chassis to move it further from the Cowley, and four-wheel brakes. This model of the Oxford would be the basis of the first MG, the 14/28 Super Sports.
A short-lived six-cylinder variant, The F-Type Oxford Six, was announced in 1920, the first open four-seater tourer was sold to Lord Redesdale. Only 50 were made and it remained available until 1926. The 2320 cc engine proved unreliable and few were sold. Although the car was longer than the four by 9 inches (230 mm) all the extra space was given over to the engine.